2013. szeptember 7., szombat

Every week Orgy in the Garden -


One cannot buy a ticket for the BorOrgia (WineOrgy) only win. How do the participants of this event differ from the ones at other wine tastings?

Since the beginning it is obvious that we meet with an especially interested and intelligent audience. I am glad that the people who come are happy to listen to the life stories, detailed philosophies of winemaking and grape growing of the winemakers or the effects of the different years on the wine. On top of that they are willing to ask questions that inspires the invited speakers as well.

What do the invited winemakers talk about? What is their experience about the less formal environment and the lay audience?

It was an interesting experience for me, who works as a wine journalist, that I saw a winemaker who had already introduced himself in front of a professional audience but I did not see him as relaxed as he was in Szimpla Kert.

What can we expect in the future? Which winemakers are going to be invited? Are you planning to invite female winemakers too?

At the beginning of September the Holdvölgy (Moon valley) Cellar was in Szimpla Kert, in October Péter GÁl is coming from Eger from Gál Lajos Cellar. Soon we are getting to the end of the year, so I will start to put together the list for the next year.


What is your advice for those who became interested int he profession by the BorOrgia and they would like to learn more or in a more organised way?

There are several wine schools in Budapest but before attending one I suggest that people take part in some organised wine tastings, events about wine and read a lot about the toplic. The main season is staring now in September; it happens often that on a busy Thursday evening there are up to ten wine tastings parallel in the capital city.

Which wine events would you recommend in the country during autumn?

Many events about wine take place at this time of the year all around the country. The main season starts in September, from now on there are open air events continuously until the celebration of the new wine in November. This weekend there are wine festivals in Sopron, Etyek, Budafok, Mád, Noszvaj, Szentendre. The Budavári Borfesztivál (Wine Festival in the Buda Palace), which is the most popular is in the middle of September. Nowadays if one wants to absorb themselves in the world of wine, they can choose from numerous opportunities. You can find the detailed information on the website of vinoport.hu under the heading Programs.



Adrienn Tóth


I studied catering in college, I first met high-quality wines there and I recognised how complex and interesting this world is. To be honest it wasn’t programmed deliberately, but it happened that one wine course followed the other one. Then I found myself in London taking an exam in Wine from the world, and I thought it over that it really was my future. Since then, I started to build up my relation with wine. I’ve been the editor of Vinoport.hu, which is an online wine magazine. I deal with wine for at least eight hours a day, I write, read and talk about wines, I hardly ever have a day without writing a description of or about wine.. The professionally most important thing is in my point of view is the regular editorial wine tasting when we try a not too long list of wines (only 12) in silence, taking notes. This is important because the skill of tasting is like a sport, continuous training is important, to find more and more correlations inside our wine glasses.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése